This guacamole is worth a special occasion or a celebration with our star ingredient, “Grains of Pomegranate” – the guacamole is filled with color, freshness and elegance. A sense of surprise is also created to feel the crispness of the pomegranate in every bite.
This guacamole contains more surprises for your fine palate as you’ll find spicy, soft, acidic notes and even a touch of anise – because Piper auritum is used in its preparation. Perfect to serve with tortilla chips, toast or bread.
About the Recipe
- The Piper auritum (Mesoamerican tropical leaf) is used in this guacamole to perfume and give a slight anise flavor. Unfortunately this leaf is difficult to find, if you don’t have it just omit.
- The original recipe is given with avocado oil because as you can imagine is goes perfectly with the avocado mixture. If you can´t acquire this oil you may also use olive or vegetable oil.
- You only need 10 minutes to have this guacamole ready on the table.
- This recipe yields 2 cups.
- 4 avocados (1 kg)
- 1 Pomegranate (300 gr)
- 1Serrano chile pepper (15 gr)
- 1 tomato (150g)
- 1 lemon (30 g)
- 1/4 onion (35 g)
- 1 Piper auritum leaf (10 gr)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pan
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Mixing spatula
- 1 Knife
- 1 Fork
- 1 Paper towel
- 1 Lemon Squeezer (optional)
Step 1: Work with some ingredients
- Remove the granes of 1 Pomegranate and set aside.
- Chop 1/4 onion and 1 tomato and reserve reserve.
- Discard the seeds and veins of 1 serrano chile.
- Finely chop the serrano chile and set aside.
Step 2: Fry Piper auritum leaf
- Heat a skillet over low heat and add the tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Stir in the pan and fry 1 Piper auritum leaf for about 20 seconds on each side, until lightly fried.
- Transfer the lightly fired leaf to a papertowel to absorb the oil.
- Finely chop the leaf and let it dry.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients
- Remove the pulp 4 avocados and place in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado bone.
- Flatten the pulp of avocados with a fork in the bowl, to the consistency of a puree.
- Also add in the bowl:
- Grains of pomegranate
- The chopped onion.
- The squares of tomato.
- The chopped Serrano Chile.
- Dried piper auritum leaf
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix well the ingredients of the bowl with a mixing spatula
- Insert into the guacamole mix the bone of avocado reserved